Friday, May 29, 2009

Letter from my viewers...(every now nd then im gonna post letters from viewers) Im gonna call these posts "1on1Letter"

(A Youtube message from my viewer)

Thank you
Hi,

I just wanted to thank you for this. I am not male, I am not gay, but I can relate.
I dont feel as dirty, as wrong or as unworthy. I grew up thinking that what happened to me was my fault... They didnt even have to tell me not to tell... They just made sure I was always in trouble...

For years I grew up not attracted to anyone...male or female... I had no feelings at all toward anyone... I thought maybe I was supposed to be .. me... on this island... there for everone... but alone.. I love people... but it is purely platonic...

I also grew up in church... I was 3 when they (2 cousins) started... and ended when I was about 10...

I thought I put it all behind me... but it was not over. I was taken advantage of in every other area of my life...time after time... I couldnt be around any men of a certain age... I hated the concept of family.. kept all my problems to myself because I felt somehow I deserved them... and deep down.. I thought God was punishing me for what happened to me...

I was grown before I was a child... When I finally tried to tell someone.. I was told I was a lier... I was the 'good' child... so their reaction... shocked me.. and made me question everything.. my whole life... my reasons for doing 'the right thing'... why I walked around covered from head to foot, not even my neck showing...why I couldnt stand girls...why I felt so different... why I felt like I was looking through a window at the rest of the world...

I went through a depression... I left home... (I am only telling half the story...)

You have let me know that my experience was not in vain... I know it is so I can prevent the same hurt and destruction and most of all pain from happening to others...

I still have nightmares...almost every night... I entered my first ever 'relationship' a year ago and I am well into my 20's... But from watching you... I know I am going to be ok...

Thank you....

Thank you so much...

Thank you... thank you....